When your customers give you recognition for the good work that your company has done throughout the tear then it is a great feeling. This is just what has happened to the top companies from the travel industry over the last three years. The travel website Holiday Extras have put their heads together with their customers and have come up with a great new way to give the top performing companies the credit that they are due.
The Holiday Extras Customer Awards have been going for three years now and each year they are getting bigger and better. It is clear why these awards are getting more and more popular with the voters too. As the decision is purely down to the people who vote it means that customers can get their views across and help other people choose the best travel companies when they are booking their holiday.
This year’s awards were held in London on 15th September and saw many of the top people in the travel industry attending to celebrate the great customer service and value for money that was being awarded.
Here is the list of this year’s winners:
– Best Airline: Emirates
– Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
– Best Airline for Value for Money : easyJet
– Best Airport: Belfast International
– Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
– Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
– Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
– Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
– Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
– Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
– Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
In total 66,000 people voted this year – which is a massive leap from the number of people that took part in 2010. In fact the number of voters has almost trebled in just 12 months. Next year’s awards look set to be even more of a success as there are plans to add more categories and get more members of the public involved in the scheme. There were two new categories this year and these were the most inspirational travel film and the best travel guide publisher. The best film went to Shirley Valentine and the best travel guide went to the Lonely Planet Guides.
Picking out the best travel companies seems to be a theme that is very important to Holiday Extras. Their website is a great place for travellers to go to find the best deals on all those little things that need to be bolted on to your holiday, such as your airport parking, airport hotels and airport transfer services. So really they are the best placed company to be hosting such a valuable award ceremony for the travel industry.